Thursday, February 2, 2012

Punk Girls and Mamahood

Okay. clearly im past being sick and crazy in the last blog... lets move on.




What happens when a punk girl meets boy? a Beautiful boy, with dreamy eyes and gorgeous curly hair and skin like satin.  She hugs him and kisses him and calls him son.  What happens when a punk girl becomes punk mama and has a son.  
Well it was scary.  What does she know about becoming a mother?  Not a bunch, but just like any other mom she gets it as she goes along.  I thought being a mom meant not being (punk girl) any more.  It just meant that  that (punk girl) changed a little.  I still listened to my music and loved my clothes but I also had a son who I was introducing to life.  I gave him the cure and Mozart, P funk and the all stars, and the Dead Kennedy's.   I watched him love hip hop, and hard rock and EMO and goth, and finally develop his own style.  Much more like mom than I would have imagined.  I guess the point of this is that, we adapt when we become parents we give them the best we can and hope for the best.   Ive been in love with this boy for 18 years on Feb 3rd, we made it together and I wish the best for him.  I give him the world.
Now my readers.  (if I still have any)  Its okay to be who you are despite the fact that some family will say oh its time to grow up leave that (punk) stuff behind.  You can't leave what  you are behind its what makes you a person and its what you give to everyone you touch including children if that's whats in your picture.  Good luck and happy parent days for those of you with children.  p.s (I love you N happy bday tomorrow. love PUNK MaMa)

1 comment:

  1. :)

    I remember my mother wrote me a letter stuck on my eighteenth birthday. She expressed some similar sentiments--without all the punk references. ;)

    ReplyDelete